Wednesday, February 27, 2008

DSCN0026

Nathan is very happy to be backpacking even if we are getting damp and can only see 50 to 100 feet at times.

DSCN0025

Nathan and I went on this hike while the girls stayed home and did whatever it is girls like to do.

DSCN0072

We found a tree with the center we could pull out and burn. We were happy to find it because everything else was wet and it was cold.

The freeze dried food we cooked was very good. Well worth the extra money! They even make freeze dried cheese cake.

DSCN0042

Our tent is heavy for a pack but it works for low mile hikes. We hiked about 5.5 miles over the weekend.

Nathan tells about the fire he built.



Finding dry wood inside an old tree.

2 comments:

Our Family said...

This is the neatest blog I think I have seen--I LOVE every part of it! That is really special that time will always be remembered--I love it--what a great Father Son time and I am sure the girls had fun doing "whatever they do best"
Love ya,
Wendi

Tami said...

Wow, looks like you guys had a really great time on your camping trip. I'm glad you enjoyed your father-son bonding time and that you shared your pictures with us!